Save the Date for the 5th annual Make the Cut! On Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 10am to Noon we will be cutting
hair and accepting hair donations to benefit women battling cancer! Join us at West Ridge Mall in 2018. Professional stylists will cut and trim your hair, so you can feel just as beautiful as those you’re helping out or you can bring your already cut hair to the event. If you want a new style for your cut hair, you will want to schedule time with your regular stylist as our stylists will not be giving new styles at the event. If you want further styling, you will want to make an appointment with your regular stylist for after the event. The Race Against Breast Cancer will donate the hair to Pantene’s Beautiful Length’s program which takes the hair and fashions it into real hair wigs. These wigs are donated to local American Cancer Society offices to be given for free to women undergoing cancer treatment.
If you chose to donate your hair you will be recognized for your special gift and you will be eligible for one of two awards. Lisa’s Legacy is the award given to the donor who has the longest length of hair cut at the event. Lisa’s Legacy is named in honor of Lisa Chapman, a RABC Board member who lost her battle with cancer too soon in life in 2013. For the team of people who have the longest combined length of hair cut and donated at the event, we will award the “hairiest” team award!
- Participants must be 18 years or older on June 2, 2018
- Participants YOUNGER than 18 years may participate with a parental/guardian signed Permission Slip
- Participants must have at least 8 inches of hair to donate
- Wavy/curly hair texture is fine – you may straighten your hair to measure
- Hair should be freshly washed and completely dry, without any styling products
- Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dye
- Hair cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated
- Hair cannot be more than 5% gray
- Participants who want a shirt must pay $10 at the event and request one
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER USING THE FORM BELOW
Making The Cut Registration
Make the Cut Records
2014 – Inaugural June 7, 2014 Event
Total inches of hair donated – 396 inches!
Lisa’s Legacy Award – Cathy Long – 19 inches of hair
Growing the Lengths for the RABC Award – Chris Gross Construction – Macey, Sadey & Tiah Gross
2015 – 2nd Annual June 6, 2015 Event
Total inches of hair donated – 329.5 inches! Lisa’s Legacy Award – Georgina Weber – 20 inches of hair
Growing the Lengths for the RABC Award – The Lockless Monsters – 20 inches of hair
2016 – 3rd Annual June 4, 2016 Event
Total inches of hair donated – 457 inches!
Lisa’s Legacy Award – Jocelynne Trejo – 19 inches of hair
Growing the Lengths for the RABC Award – Chris Gross Construction – Macey, Sadey & Tiah Gross – 30.5 inches of hair
2017 – 4th Annual June 3, 2017 Event
Total inches of hair donated – 339.5 inches!
Lisa’s Legacy Award – Patricia Eberwein – 27 inches of hair
Growing the Lengths for the RABC Award – Team JT – Joie & Tomi Francis-Ramirez – 18 inches of hair
2018 – 5th Annual June 2, 2018 Event
Total inches of hair donated – _______
Lisa’s Legacy Award – ___________
Growing the Lengths for the RABC Award – ___________